Our Weekly Meetings
The International Club meets every alternate Wednesday at 8:00 pm. The venues are as follows:
- Arts & Sciences (Room 2-72).
- Social Night locations are different every alternate Wednesday. And sometimes socials are on different nights. Socials and activities will be announced at club meetings and on our Facebook page.
Other activities include International Movie Nights, International Dance workshops (such as salsa, Mexican Folkloric Dance, etc.), trips to international festivals and local areas of interest, and other fun outings such as bowling, skating at the local roller rink, playing paint ball, or shopping in Macon or Atlanta.
All activities are selected to introduce our international students to "American" culture and/or to share international culture with American students.
We exist to share, explore and enjoy all cultures!
Some of the day and weekend excursions the International Club officers have organized include:
- Savannah, Georgia
- Washington DC
- The Martin Luther King Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Stone Mountain Park, Georgia
- The Kennedy Space Center, near Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Charleston, South Carolina
- St. Augustine, Florida
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pensacola, Florida
- Atlantic Station, Atlanta, Georgia
- Atlanta Hawks Basketball Games
- Greek Fest
- Native American festivals
- Georgia Aquarium
- Atlanta Braves Baseball Games
- Georgia National Fair - Perry, Georgia
Major International Club Events:
International Fest: usually held in October