Our Weekly Meetings
The International Club meets every alternate Wednesday at 8:00 pm. The venues are as follows:
- Arts & Sciences (Room 2-72).
- Social Night locations are different every alternate Wednesday. Socials and activities will be announced at club meetings and on our Facebook page.
International Day and the International Dinner are the two larger community events hosted by the International Club.
Other activities include International Movie Nights, International Dance workshops (such as salsa, Mexican Folkloric Dance, etc.), trips to international festivals and local areas of interest, and other fun outings such as bowling, skating at the local roller rink, playing paint ball, or shopping in Macon or Atlanta.
All activities are selected to introduce our international students to "American" culture and/or to share international culture with American students. We exist to share, explore and enjoy all cultures.
Some of the day and weekend excursions the International Club officers have organized include:
- Savannah, Georgia
- Washington DC
- The Martin Luther King Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Stone Mountain Park, Georgia
- The Kennedy Space Center, near Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Charleston, South Carolina
- St. Augustine, Florida
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pensacola, Florida
- Atlantic Station, Atlanta, Georgia
- Atlanta Hawks Basketball Games
- Georgia Aquarium
- Atlanta Braves Baseball Games
- Georgia National Fair - Perry, Georgia
International Day: October 24, 2018
International Dinner: March 30, 2019
Go to our International Dinner page for more info!